The past few weeks have been extraordinarily busy. I love having a full slate, but I wish I had more time to reflect and find ways to refine my own processes. There’s that word, process, that I have always hated. It’s an ugly, project-manager-type word that unfortunately is a necessary evil if I’m going to do more than the sit-in-the-garret-dreaming type of editing and writing.
So, here’s my professional wish list of the moment.
- Time to reflect on how to work better
- Time to research best practices for editing for corporate clients
- More book review assignments
- Local freelance, possibly arts or film reviews
- A group of like-minded writing and editing pros to meet with (yes, this slipped down the list)
- The opportunity to take a graduate-level course in something creative and interesting
Till I can check a few items off this list, I’ll settle for short-term work milestones. Stay tuned for some fun portfolio updates in the next few weeks.